Step 1: Decide what you are applying for
- A Centre for Doctoral Training in Intelligent Sensing and Measurement (CDT-ISM)
- EngD in Offshore Renewable Energy (IDCORE)
- MSc (by Research)
Take a look at the list of current projects to see if any are of interest to you. You can contact the Supervisor of the project for more information.
If your application is not for a specified project, you should submit a research proposal (max 2 x A4 pages) indicating what areas of research interest you and the nature of the work you wish to undertake (experimental/ theoretical/ simulation).
Step 2: The Application
- APPLY HERE NOW »
- All applications must be made using our online system: please do not simply send your CV - we cannot accept applications by email.
- Under the "Research Areas" heading, select the area you are applying for. These correlate to our Research Institutes:
- If you are applying for a specific project, please note that the Research Area will be highlighted in the advert. Do not look for the title of the project in the application system - you are applying for a degree programme initially [eg, PhD Engineering and Electronics (Materials and Processes)].
- Once you have selected the research area, under "Apply for this degree", select the degree you wish to apply for (PhD, MSc by Research, MPhil - full time or part time). Please also select a start date from the drop down menu. Note: please do not select the current month.
- Click "Apply". You will then be taken to EUCLID which is our online application system.
- A completed Application Form - please fill in as much as you can! This is where you will have the opportunity to list any specific projects you would like to apply for.
- Degree certificates and transcripts - originals and English translations if necessary
- Two academic references - on headed paper, signed and dated within the last year
- English Language certificate - for EU/Overseas applicants. Information on English Language requirements here.
- Research Proposal - if required, maximum of 2 x A4 pages. Note: our system is automated and will send you an email requesting a Research Proposal. If you are applying for an advertised project you do not need to provide one. To stop the reminder emails please upload a document which says "Research Proposal not required".
- CV/List of publications - optional
If you have any further questions please get in touch: