Our programme of research delivers world leading research in signal and image processing from fundamental theoretical and algorithmic work through to its translation to specific audio, video, radar/sonar, and medical imaging applications.
Our research will impact practically through faster/better imaging (MRI, CT, Radar, sonar, etc.), sensing and sensor management and improved surveillance technologies.
We hope to develop more efficient processing solutions, saving computation time and power, as well as new integrated multi-sensor systems. These in turn will have significant impact in:
- Medical imaging & monitoring
- Remote Sensing & environmental monitoring
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial condition monitoring
- Defence and Homeland Security
- Robotics and Autonomous vehicles