- School of Engineering, College of Science & Engineering
- Institute for Materials and Processes (IMP)
- Grade: UE08
- Salary Range: £42,149 - £50,296
- Open-ended and full-time, 35 hours per week
- One post is available
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing all aspects of the FastBlade Research Facility, including commissioning, safe and effective operation and future development. Working collaboratively with, and in support of, researchers from the University of Edinburgh and other universities, as well as commercial clients.
The FastBlade Manager will ensure the smooth and effective delivery of collaborative commitments to all users. They will supervise the remaining commissioning and operation of various elements of the SRF and will be responsible for the test campaigns with internal and external clients.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- A PhD degree in a relevant scientific or engineering field, or equivalent significant industrial / engineering experience.
- Experience of working with commercial clients, as well as have a working understanding of the tidal energy sector.
- Extensive research experience in experimental and structural testing.
- Ability to understand, conceptualise and interpret the requirements of facility users.
- Extensive knowledge of structural test theory and practice as relevant to large scale testing of composite structures in a laboratory environment.
- Experience of designing and conducting test programmes in a laboratory setting, preferably in a composite test laboratory with good appreciation of best testing practice.
A full list of main responsibilities and the knowledge, skills and experience required for the role can be found in the full job description below.