Working at the interface between engineering and medicine, I employ problem solving and technical engineering skills to answer clinically relevant questions in the fields of cardiovascular biomechanics and orthopaedic engineering. I hold a PhD in Orthopaedic Engineering from the University of Edinburgh UK, and a BEng (honours) degree in Mechanical Engineering (specialising in biomedical engineering) from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology Ireland.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships:
Member of the European Society of Biomechanics
Member of the International Society of Biomechanics
Orthopaedic and Cardiovascular biomechanics.
Pre-surgical planning and patient specific intervention.
• Finite element mesh generation from medical imaging data (CT/MRI).
• Patient specific modelling.
• Orthopaedic implant design.
• Design and manufacture of in vitro test apparatus.
• Musculoskeletal and Cardiovascular biomechanics.
• Scripting, and high performance computing.
• 3D model creation and visualisation in CAD.
• Advanced manufacturing processes (e.g. manual/CNC machining, and 3D printing).