Before you apply
- Check entry requirements (see below)
- Look at our pages to find out about our research institutes and supervisors (see our research page)
- Get in touch with the supervisor to discuss opportunities and topics.
- Have you thought about funding and scholarships available?
- Research proposal in your own words – even if you apply for an advertised opportunity, we need to hear your own thoughts on how you intend to tackle the research.
Outline Entry Requirements
Grades (you must need one of the below)
- A first or 2:1 (A or B+ or international equivalent) result in an undergraduate degree.
- A relevant work experience or a good MSc result will also be considered.
- International applicants - Check here
Candidates not belonging to one of the above categories typically have some exceptional achievement to be considered.
English Proficiency (One of the below needed for International applicants only)
- IELTS Academic: total 6.5 (at least 6.0 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT: total 92 (at least 20 in each module)
- PTE(A): total 61 (at least 56 in each of the "Communicative Skills" sections)
- CAE and CPE: total 176 (at least 169 in each module)
- Two references on official letterheads duly signed.
- Research proposal.