Home (UK) Students (also EU citizens with last 3 years of study in UK, Permanent Residents in UK)
- EPSRC DTP - Full studentship funding (tuition + living stipend + research costs) or alongside matched industry funding. Get in touch with potential supervisor (academic in charge of project). Deadline: 28 Feb 2018
- Carnegie-Caledonian Scholarship - Must have First Class Honours degree from a Scottish University. Full studentship. Supervisor must nominate you. Deadline: 1 Feb 2018. More info here.
- Other Home/EU Scholarships
All students (UK/ EU/ International)
- Principal's Career Development PhD Scholarship – Full Studentship (tuition + living stipend + research costs). Get in touch with potential supervisor. Yearly call (usual deadline in early Feb for a Sept start). About 2 scholarships allocated to Engineering (out of 45 in the whole of University). The scholarship also provides development opportunities in one key area. Deadline for 2018-19 round of applications: 01 Feb 2018. International students applying for this Scholarship must separately apply for the Edinburgh Global Scholarships (see below) simultaneously. More info here.
Rest of EU Students
- Energy Technology Partnership (with Industry). See above.
- Other EU Scholarships
International (including non-EU) Students
- Edinburgh Global Scholarships (difference between home student fees and international fees only). Get in touch with potential supervisor (academic in charge of project). Yearly call (usual deadline in Feb for a Sept start). Deadline: 01 Feb 2018.
- China Scholarship Council Award - Full scholarship only applicable to citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China. Deadline: 01 Feb 2018. See China Scholarships Council awards
- Full list (including country-specific) of scholarships
Self or Int/EU Government-Funded
- Period of study (3 to 4 years)
- If arranging funding yourself – recommend to negotiate 3.5 - 4 years of funding (greater than 3 years)
- Any terms and conditions on your funding must be discussed with the funding body and School before accepting your offer.