This academic year undoubtedly feels different for all of us. If you are based in Edinburgh, please remember that the School of Engineering and the King’s Buildings campus are open for you. Academic and professional services staff are waiting to welcome you to class and to our study and catering facilities, to provide you with the on-campus support you need.
Access to spaces within our buildings is carefully controlled due to social distancing measures (of two metres). We need to ensure that we don’t exceed our maximum building occupancy levels, which take into account scheduled classes, as well as other users.
Keeping you safe on campus
All of our on-campus activities are being carried out in line with Scottish government guidance. To help limit the spread of Covid-19, we have taken the following measures for the health and safety of our students, staff and the wider Edinburgh community:
- Detailed signage is provided to help you navigate around our buildings;
- Queueing zones for access to teaching spaces are in place, with access to teaching spaces supported by student guides;
- Hand sanitiser stations are located at each entry and exit point, and hand-washing facilities are signposted in each building;
- University cleaners are attending the building more frequently and are regularly cleaning common touchpoints;
- Teaching spaces are being thoroughly cleaned, early in the morning and again during the lunch break;
- Cleaning agents and paper towels are available in every teaching space; and
- Perspex screens are provided on the lecturer’s podiums.
Your role in helping keep our campus safe
- Please do not come to campus if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, feel unwell or have been asked to self-isolate;
- Only enter a building when you have a scheduled activity, for example a scheduled class, meeting or if you have booked a study space;
- Use the designated entrances and exits for buildings, which may be different to those you are familiar with (see a link to maps below);
- Don’t move between linked buildings – only use the designated entry and exit points;
- Follow the signs showing where one- and two-way systems are in place, and where to sit to ensure two metre social distancing; and
- Make regular use of the cleaning and hand sanitising facilities provided.
Please note, anyone with a disability can travel against the flow indicated by the signage. Lifts should not be used, except if you have a disability. Please remember that not all disabilities are visible.
More detailed information, including building plans and the locations of building entry and exit points, is provided on the ETO Hub.