What to do if you need to self-isolate, or think you may have Covid-19 [Updated - 12 February]

The University has published instructions on what you must do if you are studying in Edinburgh and need to self-isolate.  This might be on arrival to the UK, due to developing Covid-19 symptoms, or because you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.  You can find these instructions on the University website here.

The University’s Covid-19 Student Support Service will support all students who need to self-isolate while living in private accommodation.  If you are living in student accommodation, support will be provided by the Residence Life team.  

You can find out more on the University’s Self-isolation webpage.

This page includes links to forms you will need to complete if you are self-isolating in either student or private accommodation.  It also includes information on how to access practical support, e.g. access to food, healthcare and wellbeing support.  

Please remember:

  1. If you are self-isolating while you are in Edinburgh, you must complete the University’s self-isolation contact form, as this will ensure that staff in the School of Engineering receive official notification and can provide you with any support you may need.  You can find a link to this form on the University’s Self-isolation webpage.
  2. You do not need to change your location or method of engagement on your student record, unless you decide to move away from Edinburgh (which you should only do under specific exceptional circumstances, in accordance with current Scottish Government restrictions).  Self-isolation is considered a temporary absence during which students are expected to continue to engage with their studies unless they become unwell.  
  3. At any time you can contact your Personal Tutor or the Student Support Team to keep them informed, and to share any concerns you may have.  
  4. If you have any questions or concerns which are not answered by the information given above, you can contact the University’s Covid-19 Contact Centre