It’s really important that you keep your student record up-to-date throughout the year, in particular your location, method of study and contact details. This will enable the School to provide you with the best possible support throughout the year by:
- designing our timetables so that classes have the appropriate numbers of students joining in-person and digitally;
- taking into account the time zones our students are based in, and selecting the best times for activities such as surgery hours;
- sending any equipment needed for classes to the correct postal address; and
- making the best use of the space available on campus (under social distancing regulations) to provide support, activities and facilities for students based in Edinburgh.
You can update your location and method of study through the My Student Record channel on MyEd. Check your current recorded status on MyEd under the Programme tab. More information on how to do this can be found on the Student Systems website.
Please note: you do not need to change your location or method of study on your student record for short absences, unless you decide to move away from Edinburgh. Short absences would include:
- a period of self-isolation, which is considered a temporary absence during which students are expected to continue to engage with their studies unless they become unwell; and
- Christmas and spring teaching vacation periods.