Matriculation, annual registration, and tuition fees [Updated - 26 February]

All students, both new and continuing, need to complete the annual registration process to be able to matriculate each year. More information on matriculation and online registration can be found on the Student Systems website here.

An important step in the matriculation process is to have your attendance confirmed by your Personal Tutor. Your attendance must be confirmed by the end of Week 2.

This year it is particularly important that you keep your location and method of study up-to-date as soon as it changes, as this can change the steps you need to go through to complete registration.

In line with Scottish Government restrictions, please do not travel back to your term-time address (or return home, if you are already in Edinburgh).  Under current lockdown / Level 4 restrictions all students and staff are required to comply with the government stay-at-home guidance.

The Scottish Government has set out specific exceptional circumstances where travel is permitted.  If you believe you have an exceptional reason to travel, you must review University guidance before travelling, and complete an intention to travel form.  If you do return in-person to university with no exceptional reason for doing so, then you will potentially be in breach of the law.

You can update your location and method of study through the My Student Record channel on MyEd. You can check your current recorded status on MyEd under the Programme tab. More information on how to do this can be found on the Student Systems website here.

Please note: if you are a Tier 4 student, International Check-in is required if you have stated that our location of study is on-campus in Edinburgh, but is not required if you are studying remotely. If you change your location during the matriculation process you will need to complete online registration again.

Tuition Fees

If you have any questions about your tuition fees and how to arrange payment, you can find guidance through the University's EdHelp service. A link to the Paying fees section of EdHelp can be found here.