Undergraduate Applications

The majority of applicants for Undergraduate degrees at Edinburgh will apply through the UCAS system. The exceptions to this are students applying through the 2+2 Programme, the Study Abroad Programme and students applying for part-time programmes.


  • To apply for a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the University, you must apply through UCAS.
  • Help on how to apply can be found on the University website.
  • To apply for a part-time undergraduate degree programme, you should apply directly to the University, not through UCAS.

2+2 Programme

The School of Engineering at The University of Edinburgh has an agreement with several Chinese universities which allows students to study engineering for two years in China and then transfer to The University of Edinburgh to complete a further two years of study. More details can be found on our International Student pages.

Ameson Programme

The School of Engineering welcomes applications via the Ameson Chinese Elite (ACE) Programme. Applications to study in Edinburgh should be made through UCAS.

Study Abroad Programme

Students wishing to spend one semester, or one full academic year, at The University of Edinburgh as part of their studies at their home University should apply through the University of Edinburgh Study Abroad Programme.

Further Information

If you have any questions or enquiries about applying or are looking for advice, please don't hesitate to contact the Undergraduate Recruitment Officer at ugenquiries@eng.ed.ac.uk