Causal Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the key to unlocking robust, responsible, and trustworthy AI, and meeting challenges such as early prediction, diagnosis, and prevention of disease.
The CHAI Hub* unites an international consortium of universities, industry partners, government bodies, and regulatory entities. Our partnership aims to co-create causal AI solutions that have the potential to ease pressures on resource-constrained healthcare systems, while positioning the UK as a leader in responsible and impactful AI development.
Our Hub will:
- Build a comprehensive AI platform specifically to address unique research and technical challenges in healthcare.
- Foster an expandable ecosystem for the co-creation, development, evaluation, and translation of next-gen AI solutions.
- Facilitate the adoption of Causal AI in healthcare, by promoting innovation and commercialisation.
- Cultivate new skills and equip thought leaders through workshops and training initiatives.
- Ensure that societal and ethical considerations, including patient and public involvement are prioritised.
*led by the University of Edinburgh, with co-leads from the University of Manchester, Imperial College London, University College London, King’s College London, and the University of Exeter.