The vision of IDCORE is: To attract the very best EngD students into a vibrant learning environment and, in partnership with industry, train them to deliver world-class industrially-focussed research outcomes that will accelerate the deployment of offshore wind, wave and tidal-current technologies, positioning the UK to meet its 2020 & 2050 targets for renewable energy generating capacity, and expanding and sustaining a community of high-quality postdoctoral staff for the UK offshore renewable energy industry.
This EngD is a four-year full time course initially based in Edinburgh and then at a sponsoring company. IDCORE students will be primarily based within sponsoring company, spending around 75% of their time there, following a 4 year programme leading to the award of an Engineering Doctorate (EngD).
The programme is designed to:
- Meet the needs of industry and enhance its knowledge base
- Provide graduates with challenging research in an industrial context
- Prepare graduates for leadership positions in industry
- Produce exploitable outcomes from research
- Generate partnerships between academia and industry
Research themes cover activities related to offshore wind, wave and tidal energy including a full range from resource assessment to deployment, operation and decommissioning