Phase 3 commenced on 1st July 2018 and is a 5 year project. The work entitled "Signal Processing in the Information Age" will develop new underpinning Signal Processing and Machine Learning tools for the defence community.
With less interest in the individual sensor and more focus on the generation of actionable information there is an opportunity to develop new underpinning Signal Processing and Machine Learning tools to enable:
- Improved situational awareness
- Information superiority
- Increased autonomy for the defence sector
Therefore for UDRC 3 our four overarching goals are:
- Develop underpinning Signal Processing tools;
- Bring together Signal Processing experts, through strong engagement with Dstl/industry, to maximise translation and impact for Dstl/MOD;
- Training the next generation of signal processors;
- Strengthen and expand the defence SP community for the UK.