IDCOM delivers world leading research in signal and image processing from fundamental theory, algorithms and architectures through to its translation to specific audio, video, radar/sonar, and medical imaging applications.
This research includes development of novel theory and techniques in Statistical signal processing, Bayesian estimation, time frequency analysis, sparse representations and information theory. Our research impacts practically through better/faster imaging (MRI, CT, Radar, industrial tomography etc.) and sensing.
Some of the major research applications being pursued in IDCOM include:
- Medical imaging & monitoring
- Remote Sensing & environmental monitoring
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial condition monitoring
- Defence and Homeland Security
- Robotics and Autonomous vehicles