- UE07: £35,333 - £42,155 per annum
- School of Engineering, College of Science & Engineering
- Open-ended: Permanent
- Full-time: 35 hours per week
The School of Engineering - a large and successful School in the University of Edinburgh - is seeking a new Research Finance Manager to lead the management of the Research Finance Team. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Professional Services within the School.
The appointee, one of a team of four, will lead on the management of budgets for all externally research funded Grants and Contracts in the School of Engineering and advise on policy and regulations from proposal to final report stage. The post-holder will manage approximately 200 research awards in any one year from varying funding bodies.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- A good honours degree or equivalent professional financial qualification.
- Equivalent professional financial experience.
- Previous relevant experience in a finance administration role preferably within the HE research sector.
- Good written and oral communication skills and excellent analytical and IT skills with experience in use of complex spreadsheets, databases and financial management systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to motivate peers and those senior to oneself.
- Energy and ability to work simultaneously on a number of tasks and prioritise between them.
Please include your CV and a Cover Letter as part of your application.