Over 250 staff and 2500 students sit within four teaching Disciplines and seven Research Institutes covering the breadth and depth of world-leading engineering.
Our engineering courses enable students to use their skills, intelligence and creativity to tackle any engineering challenge. The School is one of the most industrially-engaged within the University, with graduates providing a higher-than-average economic impact when they enter the workplace.
Each member of academic staff teaches in one of four engineering disciplines and is a member of a Research Institute:
Engineering Research Institutes
- Bioengineering (IBioE)
- Digital Communications (IDCoM)
- Energy Systems (IES)
- Infrastructure and Environment (IIE)
- Integrated Micro and Nano Systems (IMNS)
- Materials and Processes (IMP)
- Multiscale Thermofluids (IMT)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering