Does your club or society need help with funding? Do you have a great idea for a project or need funds to support your research?
The next round off Innovation Initiative Grants opens on Friday 25 September 2015. The deadline for the submission of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 29 October 2015.
Innovation Initiative Grants (IIGs) are financed by alumni of the University, via donations to the Edinburgh Fund, and could provide the kick start that you need. IIGs promote new initiatives in teaching, research and student support, and applications are open to permanent members of staff and current students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) as well as EUSA, EUSA societies, the Sports Union and recognised sports clubs.
Who can apply?
- Current undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Edinburgh University Students’ Association and recognised EUSA Societies.
- Edinburgh University Sports Union and recognised sports clubs.
- Permanent members of staff.
Other things to know about IIGs
- Applications are open for two six week periods each year that conclude in October and March.
- We award grants of up to a maximum of £5000 per project.
- Applicants may only receive one grant per course of study (students), academic year (staff) or calendar year (clubs and societies).
- Unsuccessful projects cannot be resubmitted.
- We do not fund projects that have already been completed or are due to start before the application deadline.
- Grants are not available to cover course fees, accommodation, living expenses or salaries.
The IIG website
Please visit the secure IIG website for guidelines, checklists, full terms and conditions and details regarding how to submit your application.
The website is best viewed in Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. There are currently reported issues with the Chrome browser.