- Dr Prashant Valluri is leading "Multiphase flows and transport phenomena" (co-led by UCL)
- Prof Jason Reese is leading "Multi-scale and non-continuum flows" (co-led by Warwick University)
- Dr Dong-hyuk Shin is leading "Turbulent free shear flows" (co-led by Leicester University)
These three SIGs bring together leading experts from more than 30 UK universities and over 15 companies to help define the future research agenda, influence policy-makers, train young researchers, promote scientific advances, and accelerate technological impact.
Also, the following Schools in the College of Science and Engineering have been selected to co-lead:
- Dr Eliza Calder (Geosciences) co-leads the SIG on "Granular flows in the environment and industry"
- Dr Alexander Morozov (Physics) co-leads the SIG on "Non-Newtonian fluid mechanics"
The UK Fluids Network is funded by EPSRC to create a national collaborative network of academic and industrial groups, focused on innovation in flow systems research and development.
Dr Ton van den Bremer is Edinburgh's representative and a member of the UK Fluid Networks Advisory Board.
- EPSRC UK Fluids Network
- Dr Prashant Valluri, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh
- Prof Jason Reese, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Dong-hyuk Shin, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Ton van den Bremer, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Eliza Calder, School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Alexander Morozov, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Edinburgh
- EPSRC, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- University College London (UCL)
- University of Warwick
- University of Leicester