The Industrial Centre for AI Research in Digital Diagnostics (I-CAIRD), led by the University of Glasgow, will bring together clinicians, health planners, and industry to work with innovative SMEs to answer clinical questions, and solve healthcare challenges more quickly and efficiently.
The University of Edinburgh's School of Engineering, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre and HDR UK will play a significant role.
Dr Sotirios Tsaftaris from the Institute for Digital Communications in close partnership with Canon Medical will lead the development of multimodal, privacy preserving, deep learning models.
- Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, Gov.uk
- Institute for Digital Communications (IDCoM)
- Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre (EPPC)
- HDR UK - Health Data Research UK
- Canon Medical
- Dr Sotirios Tsaftaris
- GOV.UK Press Release: Artificial Intelligence to help save lives at five new technology centres
- BBC News: Scotland to get AI health research centre
- The Scotsman: Scottish university chosen as base for £15m AI health research centre
- The Telgraph: Five new AI medical centres to open across the UK next year
- University of Glasgow press release: £15m new Artificial Intelligence centre for Scotland to innovate and transform healthcare
- University of St Andrews press release: £15m new Artificial Intelligence centre for Scotland to innovate and transform healthcare
- University of Aberdeen press release: Aberdeen part of £15m new Artificial Intelligence centre for Scotland